Sports gambling can be awfully daunting when you are starting out. So, many South Africans wonder about how to bet on sports, but don’t know how. After all, there are all these numbers with different meanings that you need to know. In actual fact, sports betting is quite easy to grasp. Before you attempt to place a bet, you already have a favourite that you are backing to win a tie or competition. All that the numbers do is give you an impression of what punters and oddsmakers think will happen. Learn how to read the odds before signing up to the next SA sports betting sites online. Go through our guide to find out how to bet on sports online and improve your chances of winning.
Best Bookmaker Sports Betting in SA
Up to $100
Where to Bet on Sports in South Africa
Before you even start thinking of how to make money betting on sports, you have to know what to look for at South African sports betting sites. With thousands of sports gambling sites populating the internet, you have to be careful where you spend with your hard-earned money. There are certain things you need to consider before your start betting online:
- License – always make sure that you check the seal of where a sports betting site is licensed. It should be licensed and registered with the local authorities that regulate gambling in the country.
- Betting Markets – ensure that there are enough betting market options of your favourite sport and the different divisions.
- Bonus Offer – search the net for betting sites with the best sports betting bonus. This will help you stretch your bankroll when you bet and start with bets that are riskier to get the hang of things.
- Mobile Betting Apps – it is always beneficial to sign up at a sports gambling site that offers mobile betting apps.
- User-Friendly Interface – like any other online platform, users want to access the different options with relative ease. The layout of the sports betting website should be clean, easy to use and appealing to the eye. After all, if you are going to spend most of your time betting, you need to like where you bet.
- South African Friendly Banking Options – the number of deposit and withdrawal options should be sufficient and friendly to South African gamblers.
- Customer Support – every online betting site should offer around the clock assistance to gamblers. We only recommend sites that offer multiple avenues to reach customer support for any query you may have.
How Does Sports Betting Work?
There are several tipsters that will endorse certain formulas as fool-proof strategies to online betting. However, success in sports betting boils down to understanding the basics and a bit of luck. If you want to know how to make money betting on sports, you first have to know how to bet. Our sports betting guides will assist you with the basics of making informed bets, reading betting lines and understanding odds. Our top picks and predictions are collated from rigorous research into each sport and years of betting on sports. Follow our step-by-step betting guide as we go in depth of topics such as betting lines, what are odds and how to calculate them.
How to Calculate Betting Odds?
There are a lot of betting markets that you will encounter at different gambling sites. However, they generally feature similar betting lines. The only distinction that you will pick up on is that each bookmaker sets their own odds for certain matches. It is based on their individual research, algorithms and overall processes. Odds are also swayed by the way the general public is betting as well as the proximity to which the game start and ends. This relates to outright bets as well as in-game betting lines.
In order to understanding sports betting odds, players must remember that there are no take backs. This means that you cannot reverse a bet. Thus, it is essential to get it right the first time. Betting odds reflect the probability of a bet being successful. Therefore, the higher the odds, it generally means the less likely it is for a punter will win. They are also used to determine the underdog and favourites in a tie.
Online Sports Betting Lines
Each betting market will feature the basic lines, such as money line bets or the outright bet of a tournament. Even though the sport may be different, the general consensus is that sportsbooks will have an underdog and a favourite for the match. Online bookmakers will feature additional odds to make the bet more interesting, such as individual player performances in a team sport. For example, a cricket match may feature sports betting lines on which player will be the man of the match.
Here’s a list of some of the betting lines you will find at the best sports gambling websites in South Africa:
|Moneyline||Over/Under||Prop Bets||Parlays||Point Spread|
Best Betting Strategy
In order to be a professional sports gambler, you need to understand how to make money betting. It is worth noting that while our expert tipsters may promote a particular bet, there is no guarantees that the strategy will make you win every time. Generally, betting tips and strategies are a mashup of predictions from analysts in the sport, expert gamblers and research on the players or teams competing. Take heed of the betting tips while treading with caution as anything can happen in sports. We do promote betting against the public on occasion, however, the majority of people lean a certain direction for a reason. Check out the different sports betting markets to put these skills into practice and win today.