Live betting is probably one of the few betting markets that are actually slanted towards South African bettors. You can literally bet on a live match where you can tell which team has the upper hand and win. If you missed the kick-off deadline, hope is not lost. Bettors can bet on the next play and take advantage of the way things are going in a match. Now more than ever, bettors don’t have to wait to see who wins the rest of the match in live betting. Live bets are only dependent on the next play or point then you claim your winnings. Read through our live betting guide to find out all about the different live betting lines and odds to expect in wagering live.
Best Live Betting Sportsbook
What You Will Find on this Guide
- What is Live Betting?
- Popular Types of Live Bets
- Live Betting Tips for South African Bettors
- SA Live Betting Odds
- In-play Sports Wagering
What is Live Betting?
Live betting is regarded as in-game wagering on events taking place in real time. Also known as in-play sports wagering, bettors place a bet once the action in the game has commenced. Live bets are different from traditional betting in that they can take place at any time of the game. Be mindful of the fact that at any time of the match when it is close to finishing, the bookmaker can close the betting options. During in-running betting, the odds fluctuate based on the gameplay and the minutes to completion. Find some in-play betting lines that you will come across at online bookies in South Africa.
Popular Types of Live Bets
SA live online betting is available in many variations. Each sport has specialised live bets that are unique to the way in which the points are scored. In-game betting is all about getting into the flow of the game and feeling where the momentum is going.
- Parlays Live Betting – this bet typically involves increasing your potential winnings by placing multiple live bets on teams to win.
- Live Prop Bets – as the game is playing, bettors can wager on the next goal/point or which player will be sent off. In prop betting, nothing that’s off limits!
- Traditional Bets – these reflect wagering on which team will win before the game starts.
Live Betting Tips for South African Bettors
We’ve rounded up the best live in play betting tips and tricks that will help bettors make an informed bet and avoid common mistakes. Follow these betting tips and watch your wallet swell up:
- In-play betting is perfect for rescuing your bets that aren’t going well. They also give you the option to press on the bets that are going your way.
- In cases where you are going to place several in-play bets, we recommend selecting a bookie that has a user-friendly interface. This helps you keep track of the game minute-by-minute.
- For bettors looking for live betting matches, you need to ensure that you stay glued to your tv for the whole game. You may catch something that may change the whole tie and influence your bet.
- Don’t forget to remember that live betting trends are going to fluctuate during the match. You may want to have enough to bet and change your bet anytime.
SA Live Betting Odds
Our discussion on betting odds cannot be stressed enough, especially when dealing with live bets. Bettors need to remember the fact that with traditional bets, the bookmaker can set countless amount betting lines and odds that reflect their leaning in a match. Once a game has started, anything can happen. This means that the odds are going to swing in any direction and bookies are likely to set betting lines that give the advantage to the bettor.
In-play Sports Wagering
We’ve reflected at length about the fact that with in-game betting, the lines can fluctuate very quickly and the advantage swings in different directions. Bettors must watch out for cases where they predict odds to change and then pounce immediately. In-running betting is probably the one wagering market that leaves no room for emotional bets. There are many live betting example that we can mention in which emotions have led to massive losses. If you can discover that you’ve gotten yourself in that situation, you can always save your money by swinging the other way. Head over to our recommended in play betting sites to bet and win today.