With the transfer market set to close soon, the France Ligue 1 clubs are looking to bolster their squads for the upcoming season. The France Ligue 1 2019 table has shown a gulf in class between the teams as of late. This means that clubs have to reinforce their squads to achieve their respective ambitions for the French Ligue 1 2019/20 campaign. With Paris Saint-Germain having won the competition five times out of the last six seasons, they are the overwhelming favourites to win the French League. It won’t be easy though, as PSG saw a handful of their star players leave over the transfer window.
AC Monaco was the last club to put an end to PSG’s monopoly of the French top division. They failed to buy new players and strengthen their squad, and sold many stars to Premier League clubs. From August to May, the best players in French football battle it out for Le Championnat. Below is a list of top sports betting sites that you can sign up for and bet on the outright winner of Ligue 1.
Best French Football Betting Sites
Up to $100
Bet €10 Get €10
Ligue 1 Odds Winner
The top division of French football has seen a massive change in the last decade, with a lot of financial injection making the league more competitive than what it was before. As one of the top five ranked leagues in Europe, the French top division offers players a chance to play in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League competitions respectively. Since the France Ligue 1 competition began in 1932, there really hasn’t been a lot of French teams that have asserted their dominance in the league.
Having said that, there are cycles that individual teams go through where they were superior to their counterparts.
- Right now, the PSG squad consists of the clubs’ golden generation.
- Despite that, the history of the France Premier League competition still favours Marseille as the club with the most Ligue 1 trophies.
- Olympique Marseille has won a total of ten championships while Monaco and PSG tied with Nantes on eight apiece.
Ligue 1 Table
The French league table is somewhat reflective of the stranglehold that teams with a big-budget tend to have. Because small teams cannot compete in the market for players like forward Neymar Jr. who was sold for a world-record fee of €222 million, they tend to be swept away.
The Ligue 1 competitions remain one of the most popular soccer leagues to bet on. Every week, the French league table changes with some teams trying to avoid relegation while others seek a place to qualify for European competition. Our expert analysts go through the French Ligue 1 season looking for patterns to provide punters with tips and predictions for the weekend.
France Ligue 1 Betting Tips
PSG have set their sights on winning the UEFA Champions League; a task that has seen the club owners invest a lot of money and bring in the best players from around the world. In recent seasons, the club has shifted focus from the league and paid a heavy price when AS Monaco won the league. The team that tends to perform well is generally the one which focuses on the main prize in the premier club competition. Some of the valuable insight we’ve found for SA bettors include:
- Pay attention to the team’s commitments. If a team has to travel long distances for European competitions and come back to play a difficult tie, they may not win the game even if pegged as the favourites.
- Head-to-head match-ups are telling. Study how each team performed the last time the two teams faced each other.
- Do your research on the starting XI. Each team lists their starting eleven before the match begins. Players can get an indication of which players will partake in the game and which one will not.
- The form of the player and the team. Players that present some form will be the difference a team winning or losing the match. Some teams play well as a collective and are generally tipped as the favourites to win.
Past Ligue 1 Winners, Runner-ups and Third Placed Teams
|Season||Champions||Runner Ups||Third Place|