The most prestigious club competition in the world is the UEFA Champions League. Betting on Champions League games is as competitive as the action on the field of play. The runners-ups, along with the winners of the different domestic leagues in Europe, battle it out to crown the best on the continent. While teams may dominate their domestic championship, they are not guaranteed to fare well against teams in Europe. There’s a tier system that exists, in which teams in the top five leagues in Europe are seeded and the rest of the teams have to make do with the group that they are drawn in. Find out what to consider when making Champions League bets predictions, how to read the odds, and make an informed bet online.
Best Champions League Betting Sites
What You Will Find on this Guide
- 2019 UEFA Champions League Odds
- European Competition Betting Lines
- Champions League Football Betting Tips
- Past UEFA Champions League Winners
2019 UEFA Champions League Odds
There is a lot to gain from winning any UEFA cup competition. Notwithstanding the financial incentive to win the trophy, there is also an automatic qualification to play two more competitions for the winner. The betting odds for this cup competition don’t really depend on the form of the team. A team may be top of their domestic competition but fail to win. Online bookmakers base their odds on the team’s pedigree in the competition. Club sides such as Real Madrid and Liverpool (also the cup finalists of the 2017/18 UEFA champions league) enjoy favourable odds because of the number of times they’ve won the competition. The odds of Liverpool winning the Champions League are based on the fact that they’ve won the competition five times. While Real Madrid holds the record for winning the competition 13 times.
European Competition Betting Lines
The past UEFA Champions League winners are odds on to be the outright winners of the tournament. In the last decade, Spanish giants Real Madrid and FC Barcelona have won the tournament seven times in between them. Evidently, they are doing something right. They are the teams to choose for outright bets, with enough in their arsenal to blow any team away. Teams from England haven’t fared well of late, but they always make it out of the group stages. Bet on them to overcome that obstacle and avoid being relegated to the Europa League.
Champions League Betting Tips
Every team that splurges during the transfer window on the best players in the world change the odds of their team. Last year, Italian giants Juventus acquired the services of Cristiano Ronaldo and dramatically took their stock value up the roof. They are one of the favourites to win this seasons champions league trophy. Our experts have studied this season’s betting line in order to give Champions League odds winner. Follow these soccer betting tips when wagering on Champions League matches:
- Players should assess a team’s roster to determine a team’s chances of winning the tournament. Teams that have previous Champions League winners in their squad tend to perform better because they deal better with the pressure.
- The Champions League has teams with coaches that are serial winners of the competition. Always bet on the coach that knows what it takes to win the Champions League.
- The Champions League favourites 2019 will be teams that belong in the top five European leagues. That is English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, and the Bundesliga.
- Make sure you find out if your pegged team has all of their players available for the knockout stages. Some teams struggle if their star players are injured or unavailable.
- The competition is famous for high-scoring matches. When two big teams face one another, odds are they will both score a goal. Therefore, total betting should be your best friend.
Find the best football betting sites in South Africa to bet on Champions League games online and win.
Past UEFA Champions League Winners
|Champions League Season||Winner||Runner-Up|
|2015–16||Real Madrid||Atletico Madrid|
|2013-14||Real Madrid||Atletico Madrid|
|2012-13||Bayern Munich||Borussia Dortmund|