Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) has grown in popularity in South Africa, with most of the fights drawing thousands of fans every night. MMA betting developed from the love of combat action, with tons of bookmakers recognising that SA punters want to wager on MMA fights. For players that want to bet on MMA contests, this guide is just for you. Find a list of a different variety of MMA betting genres such as the popular UFC, Rizin, Bellator, and many others.
MMA wagering in the SA is not something new. There are plenty of MMA online betting sites that offer the best odds on local as well as international bouts. Go through our MMA betting guide to find out how it works, where to bet on fights in SA, as well as the lines with the highest payouts.
Best MMA Betting Sites in SA
Up to $100
Bet €10 Get €10
How to Bet on MMA Fights
Join in the action on the blood sport without actually getting a black eye by signing up to any of the top gambling sites that we recommend. Our MMA betting guide features some of the highest payout betting lines that you will find online. Bear in mind that these bets on MMA fights are attractive because there is a lot of risk attached to them:
- Method of Victory – similar to boxing, bettors can choose how the fight will end and win if the result is accurate. Players have to choose between a possible knockout, submission, or a decision by the ref.
- Parlay Bets – a combination of bets are combined in a single bet slip to increase the odds and overall potential payout. All of the predictions need to be accurate for the wager to be successful.
- Points Handicap – just like handicap bets in any other sport, an MMA fighter that is pegged as the favourite in the contest will need to win by a certain point margin for the win to be valid.
- Moneyline Betting – this wager comes standard at all betting sites, where you bet on the MMA fighter to win a match. The moneyline bet only pays a lot when you wager on the underdog to win against a popular fighter.
Popular MMA Odds Explained
A lot of the bookmakers in South Africa offer several MMA odds on all types of variants of the sport. Here are some of the popular variants of MMA sports betting:
- UFC Betting
- Bellator Betting
- King of the Cage
MMA Betting Tips
After finding the best MMA betting odds online, you don’t have to rush to place your bet. There are a couple of things that you need to ensure you do before betting on the fight. There are certain things that you need to consider. Here are some of the betting tips that have been successful with a large majority of SA punters:
- Pick an MMA betting website that offers players live betting odds. This option can offer players an opportunity to redeem their bets when the result is not going their way.
- When you wager on an MMA contest that is broadcasted live, the analyst will provide their expert opinion on the fight. Always consider MMA betting advice from pro fighters and commentators on the sport.
- Every MMA bout is divided into weight classes. However, there are always fighters that bulk up in order to have an advantage over their opponent. Consider the physique of the fighter when betting on MMA sports fights.
- MMA wagering in the SA may not be as popular as other sports, and that may work to your favour. The odds will generally vary and provides an opportunity for bettors to get more money. Thus, players should bet on MMA contests way in advance in order to prevent the odds from going down.