Fantasy sports betting is an online gambler’s haven, featuring all types of betting options for different athletic competitions. Having started as a hobby in which fans of a particular sport can guess which players will perform best in a particular match, it has developed into a fully-fledged betting market. You can create your very own star-studded team from the best players in the league and score loads of points. The tallied points in a particular pool will rank the bettor with the most points that will walk away with the jackpot prize.
You can find daily fantasy sports betting sites such as FanDuel and DraftKings that feature betting odds on the most popular leagues in the US. Bet on the NFL, MLB, NBA and the NHL fantasy sports betting odds and win big. Find a list of fantasy sports betting apps you can download and start placing your bets today!
Newest Daily Fantasy Sports Sites
Up to $100
Bet €10 Get €10
What is Fantasy Sports Betting?
As the phrase might already suggest, fantasy sports betting leagues are competitions where bettors wager on the performance of real-life athletes during season matches online. The athletes get scored based on their individual performance along with whether their team won the match or not. Just as scoring a goal may give an athlete points, fouls and red cards will see a player deducted points. Bettors compile their strongest teams every round of the competition, with limits placed on the overall salary cap as well as a number of changes you can make to your starting line-up.
How Does Fantasy Sports Betting Work?
Fantasy sports gambling is ideal for bettors that have a passion for sports games because the league seasons tend to be long. You need to have a sustained attention span in order to win. This means watching the different league games, player performances and general research on each game. Learn how to win at fantasy sports from reading our guide.
- Step 1 – Bettors need to look for fantasy sports gambling sites that offer betting options on their preferred league.
- 2 – Sign up to an online fantasy sports website, make a deposit and claim your bonus.
- 3 – Create a username and pick a league along with a pool that you will participate in.
- 4 – Draft the number of players that will earn you the most points during a season. Keep in mind the salary cap that is set on each team.
- 5 – Watch as many games as you can to assess all the players in your roster. Based on how each player fared, choose players that performed best for the next round of matches.
Types of Fantasy Sports Leagues
Now that you have an idea on how fantasy sports betting work, you can pick from the major leagues in America to bet on. It cannot be stressed enough that players need to ensure that they will be able to follow various sports throughout the regular season all the way to the playoff rounds. Here’s a list of fantasy gambling leagues you can wager on. These include some of the markets you will find at top daily fantasy sports sites:
- Basketball (NBA)
- Football (NFL)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Ice Hockey (NHL)
- Golf (PGA)
- Mixed Martial Arts
Fantasy Football Betting Odds
You will come across several types of bets that can be made on fantasy sports. The different betting odds are dependent on the league format along with the duration of the competition. Some of the most notable include the following:
- Head-to-Heads Matchups – as it has come to be expected, players will compete against one another as opposed to a pool with more players. This type of betting does not pay as much but the odds of winning are higher. This usually takes place among friends, where one invites another into a private group.
- Guaranteed Prize Pool Leagues – members of a pool will deposit funds that will go towards the league pool prize money in order to participate in the league. The payout structure is based on which position a player finishes after the season is completed.
- Cash Games Format – players join or create custom leagues in which the side with the best point total gets a prize. While these prizes may be smaller than guaranteed prize pools, they may prove somewhat easier to win in some cases.
- 50/50 – these bets take place in a league that has a lot of participants. Basically, all the players that end the season in the top half of the league double their initial deposit, and the remaining players do not get anything.
Fantasy Sports Betting Tips
Players should be aware of all the rules of each competition that they take part in. This is especially important when it comes to fantasy football online gambling. The different rules allude to the selection criteria for picking players, the awarding of points as well as deductions. We’ve combined a list of the most important tips when betting on fantasy sports for money:
- Every sport has its own scoring criteria, players should acquaint themselves with the different point systems in each sport. For example, points for a goal scored in soccer is rated differently from a touchdown in football.
- When looking for the best place to play fantasy football for money, bettors should join leagues with a lot of players in the league. This will increase the overall pool prize when you win.
- Top fantasy sports sites have a fixed payout percentage, in which a section of winners (usually the top half) will get a portion of the winnings. Players should at the very least aim to finish in the top half.
Players should join weekly contests of their favourite fantasy sports betting competition. This will prevent them from losing track of players’ performances. Alternatively, they can download a fantasy sports betting app to keep them updated on the latest news and injuries of the players.