As the oldest tennis tournament in the world, the Wimbledon Championship carries a certain prestige for tennis players and fans of the sport. Needless to say, betting on tennis matches takes on another mantle when it is Championship time. Wimbledon is the third Grand Slam tennis tournament of the year, taking place annually during the month of July. There are four tennis championships in total, and winning just one in a calendar year is enough to make sure that players rank high in the ATP rankings.
Read through our Wimbledon betting guide to find out how to win every time wagering on tennis matches. As the only Grand Slam competition played on grass courts, there are certain players that thrive in these conditions. Of late, Roger Federer has dominated the tennis competition, winning eight championships in the process. Find Federer odds to win Wimbledon and bet online today. Discover a full list of top tennis sportsbooks to wager on.
Best Wimbledon Betting Sites
How to Bet on Wimbledon Tennis
With Grand Slam tennis tournaments, there are generally players that will earn your outright bet. Over a period of their career, they need to show stellar performances on the types of tennis courts and excel against certain players. The Wimbledon tennis tournament has been dubbed the Williams’ family outing by many that follow the sport. The Williams sisters have found that they are better suited to conditions in this competition as opposed to others. They have registered 12 Wimbledon singles titles between them, with Venus Williams winning five to Serena’s seven. You will find that Wimbledon tennis betting options are rather simple to understand. Here are some of the tennis bets that you can find online:
- Outright Bets – here, punters predict the winner of the tennis match. You wager on the player that is most likely to win more sets than the other tennis player.
- Wimbledon spread betting – SA punters must determine the number of points that each player will have when they finish the match. Point spread betting in tennis looks at the amount of sets that each player will win, with no bearings on the final result.
- Correct Score Bets – tennis fans seem to know their players and how head-to-head matches generally pan out. Predict the correct score of a tennis match accurately and receive a large payout.
- Tennis Futures – in this bet, you have to predict the eventual winner of the tournament before the tournament begins. On occasion, punters put their money on the player that has won the most Wimbledon Grand Slams.
- Live Tennis Odds – tennis bettors can wager on in-play tennis games in real-time. While you watch the game of tennis, you can select the player that has the upper hand to win the set online.
Wimbledon Men’s Odds
As in any sports betting market odds have basically been used to display the probability of a certain result. It is imperative to observe which player is pegged as the favourite by the sportsbook. This is important to note because based on the tennis player’s most recent tournament, online bookmakers may paint them as an underdog. For example, Roger Federer may be given high odds despite failing to make the finals in the previous tournament. Online bookies do this based on their calculations and the fact that he typically plays well in grass courts.
2019 Wimbledon Women’s Odds
Wimbledon women’s odds are different from the men’s tennis odds. While bookmakers will still use the history to determine the players that are likely to win, there are more upsets than in the latter. Tennis players such as Serena Williams will be pegged to win the tournament even when she is not on form based on her past. However, with the emergence of players like Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and Petra Kvitova, she has stiff competition in 2019.
Past Men’s Wimbledon Winners and Runners-up
|2018||Novak Djokovic||Kevin Anderson|
|2017||Roger Federer||Marin Cilic|
|2016||Andy Murray||Milos Raonic|
|2015||Novak Djokovic||Roger Federer|
|2014||Novak Djokovic||Roger Federer|
|2013||Andy Murray||Novak Djokovic|
|2012||Roger Federer||Andy Murray|
|2011||Novak Djokovic||Rafael Nadal|
|2010||Rafael Nadal||Tomas Berdych|
|2009||Roger Federer||Andy Roddick|
|2008||Rafael Nadal||Roger Federer|
Past Women’s Wimbledon Winners and Runners-Up
|2018||Angelique Kerber||Serena Williams|
|2017||Garbine Muguruza||Venus Williams|
|2016||Serena Williams||Angelique Kerber|
|2015||Serena Williams||Garbine Muguruza|
|2014||Petra Kvitova||Eugenie Bouchard|
|2013||Marion Bartoli||Sabine Lisicki|
|2012||Serena Williams||Agnieszka Radwanska|
|2011||Petra Kvitova||Maria Sharapova|
|2010||Serena Williams||Vera Zvonareva|
|2009||Serena Williams||Venus Williams|
|2008||Venus Williams||Serena Williams|