Horse racing events don’t get better than the Kentucky Derby. Fans across the world search the net for the best Kentucky Derby betting odds to wager on the annual horse racing tournament. The Kentucky Derby will be holding its 145th instalment of the racing competition on May 4th, 2019. South African punters can find out more about North American premier horse racing event in our guide, along with our top picks to win the Kentucky Derby.
Every year, the horse racing competition generates a lot of excitement from fans as well as gamblers. You can bet on the head-to-head matchups, the outright winner or events that have nothing to do with the actual race. Find Vegas odds on the Kentucky Derby at our recommended sports betting sites in South Africa and win big.
Best Kentucky Derby Betting Sites
Up to $100
How to Bet on the Kentucky Derby
Learn how to bet on the Kentucky Derby online from our expert horse racing tipsters. These steps are not only reserved for beginners to horse racing betting, but experienced bettors can also learn a thing or two. It may seem daunting to see different types of bets that you can make from the comfort of your computer or mobile device online. Here’s a quick guide on how horse gambling works online:
- First and foremost, punters need to do their research on previous derby races. You can check the Kentucky Derby website to view the full list of derby horses along with the review of their previous performances.
- Sign up at any of our legal SA horse racing betting sites that offer you a generous welcome bonus when you register. You can use the bonus to make exotic Kentucky derby futures with amazing payouts.
- Deposit funds into your account and check out the Kentucky Derby race schedule before you make your wager.
- Select the best derby horse odds you can find and make money gambling on horses.
Kentucky Derby Betting Lines
While it is easy to safe horse bets, with over 256 different types of bets on the Kentucky Derby, you can make money making more exotic bets. The Kentucky Derby prep season is the perfect avenue to observe some of the thoroughbreds that are in pole position to win. The first leg of the Triple Crown will indicate which way that punters are leaning towards, with tons of betting options offering the best odds. Below is a list of the most popular betting lines on the Kentucky Derby wagering:
- Kentucky Derby Future Odds – bet the Kentucky Derby future wager looking at the jockey and the trainer with the most potential to win the entire tournament.
- Exacta Betting – bet on the margin of victory on the race, looking two most prominent horse to finish in first and second place.
- Horse Racing Props –predict different events around the competition that do not necessarily have to do with the race.
- Morning line bet – sportsbooks will list all the entries for the race and the potential odds on each horse before the betting begins.
- Win Bets – while not the most rewarding, punters can wager on jockeys and trainers that have best placed thoroughbred to win the race.
Betting on the Kentucky Derby Strategy
When deciding on which jockey and trainer to bet on, there are certain things to consider. Read through our Kentucky Derby betting tips and strategy to help you make informed bets.
- Punters should bet on the trainer to win the Derby that has performed well throughout the prep season. Gary Stevens, Calvin Borel, Kent Desormeaux and Victor Espinoza have won the race three times apiece.
- Steer clear of horses that cost a lot, ranging in the millions of dollars. In the past, it’s been inexpensive horses that have won the Kentucky Derby.
- Winners of the Florida Derby have generally performed well at Churchill Downs, Kentucky. Punters should bet on a jockey that won the derby or at the very least, performed well in the FL Derby.
Most Recent Kentucky Derby Winners in the Last 10 Years
|2012||I’ll Have Another|
|2009||Mine The Bird|