The Breeders Cup horse race takes just two days to complete but the build-up to the championship is a year-round activity. It makes sense since it is one of the premier horse racing competitions in the world. The best thoroughbreds compete in several races with different conditions to crown the fastest horses in their grade. South African punters can now bet on Breeders Cup online at horse racing gambling sites with the best odds.
The Breeders Cup World Championships has gone through several changes since its inception back in 1984. At the time, it only lasted for a single day until the format was changed in 2007. In the championship cup, the best thoroughbreds from around the world race in different divisions. The first of a list of 14-race program is the Distaff held in Churchill Downs. Find out which Breeders Cup wagering site you can join and start picking your winning bet.
Best Breeders’ Cup Betting Sites
Up to $100
How to Bet on Breeders’ Cup Races
Every horse race bet is related to the level of experience that a punter has in horse gambling. This means that there are bets that are designed for beginner gamblers. For example, if you have your Breeders Cup favourites, you can start by picking the standard straight-line bets. These bets reflect the win, place and show combination of horse bets. For more seasoned bettors, you can try their luck at Breeders’ Cup exotic horse race bets online. As it has come to be the norm, punters are guided by the odds that bookmakers offer on certain markets.
Breeders Cup Odds 2019
If the Breeders Cup history is anything to go by, there are general giveaways races in the procession to the penultimate race. Punters can take advantage of these races and stake with a large sum of money in order to increase their potential payout. The premier horse race competitions remain the Distaff, Breeders Cup Juvenile, the Turf, the Mile, and the Breeder Cup Classic. This is supported by the coverage that these horse racing events. Bet on the following odds to win big:
- Breeders Cup exacta payout is generally high because players have to predict the horses that will come up first and second place in the correct order.
- Live handicapping requires the punter to follow the Breeders Cup qualifier series to observe the stronger contenders that qualified based on winning more races. These thoroughbreds are the perfect candidates bet handicap, as opposed to horses that qualified based on their point total.
- Head-to-head betting represents predicting the positions of a matchup between two jockeys.
Breeders Cup Betting Tips
The first Breeders Cup race took place in 1984, and over the years there has been a couple of strategies that have proved useful for many punters online. Our horse gambling expert tipsters have collected these tips to help you make more informed bets:
- Horses from Europe, along with their jockeys have fared rather well in the Breeders Cup challenge in recent years. It would be prudent to back a European jockey to win the Breeders’ Cup Championship.
- Go through the Breeders Cup website to find out what the experts are saying about the contenders of the race. You will receive valuable insight into the thoroughbreds’ most recent performances.
- All of our Breeders Cup picks for 2019 take into account the jockey and the trainer’s experience along with how the horse qualified for the race. It is advisable that players also take the time to go through the Breeders Cup betting results to get proper insight before they place a bet.
Breeders Cup Winners
Here’s a list of the Breeders’ Cup jockeys with the most wins in the competition:
|Jockey||Number of Wins|
|John R. Velazquez||16|
|Garrett K. Gomez||14|