The National Football league (NFL) is one of the four major leagues in the United States sports circuit. Which makes betting on NFL games one of the most popular American pastimes you will ever find. American football is a high scoring sport, filled with tons of actions and entertainment on the field. NFL betting is not for the faint-hearted.
Wins come bearing massive cash prizes while losses tend to be brutal. That is why we’ve created this comprehensive guide to betting on the NFL. It features some of the best odds for wagering on NFL games. Punters that are unfamiliar with the sport can look at our NFL betting strategy to win every time. Find a list of the best betting sites for NFL to start you off with that we’ve completely vetted for your gaming pleasure.
Where can I bet on NFL games legally?
Choose from our list of top online sports betting sites that we recommend to place bets on NFL games:
How to Bet on NFL
The NFL football season stretches for six long months. This means that there’s generally going to be a lot of games for you to bet on. Punters need to be able to follow regular NFL updates to stay in the loop of changes to the squad players as well as new players drafted to the team. You should bear in mind that there are plenty of NFL betting markets, but only a few are worth your while. Here’s a list of NFL best bets to win all the time:
- NFL Point Spread Picks – teams such as the Patriots are placed at a disadvantage based on the opposition because they’re the favourites to win. Therefore they are playing to equal the playing field. For example, if they play against a so-called lower team like the Cleveland Browns, they would be given a -5 denotation while the Browns will have +5. This means that they have to win by more than five points.
- Best NFL Parlay Bets – players looking to make more money pick parlay betting. This is a tricky bet but worth it as you need to accurately predict more than one NFL result on the same ticket.
- NFL Future Betting – based on the history of the Super Bowl finals, the New England Patriots are always in the thick of things. You can bet on them defending their title especially if they still have Tom Brady as their quarterback.
- NFL Totals – bet on NFL football games solely looking at how the score is going to be spread. Also known as the over/under bets, the oddsmaker set the score and you can predict whether it will be a high scoring match or a very defensive game where they’ll score under.
NFL Favourites to Win Super Bowl 2020
You can go to any sports gambling website looking for NFL betting odds and they will all point towards a similar direction. That is, over the years, the Patriots have looked like the side to back to win the Super Bowl. Football wagering is less about betting on the team you support and more about looking at the team best placed to get the job done. Teams with the most yardage during the regular season generally perform well in the playoff games. New England does have an ageing lineup, but they are maturing like fine wine. You can put your money on the Eagles beating the odds and coming up in 2020. Our NFL Super Bowl odds are guided by years of betting on American football and looking at the strengths of each team.
Free NFL Betting Tips
Our expert tipsters provide useful advice on NFL bets free of charge. We combine years of betting online along with the best odds that bookies offer to guide our bets. Follow these betting tips to make more informed wagers:
- Even though you may have your pick already, we advise that punters line shop at the best betting sites you can find. As a suggestion, find at least three American football betting sites to compare betting lines before you place a wager.
- When betting on the Super Bowl, you should exercise extra caution. Despite the fact that football is generally a high scoring game, teams work on restricting their opponents to a low scoring match when playing finals.
- Our NFL gambling policy is to encourage players to always set a sizeable bankroll and not exceed it. Too common you will find players that gamble uncontrollably on NFL sports betting sites and refuse to lose. As a rule of thumb, you should only gamble with money you are willing to lose.
Past NFL Super Bowl Winners
|2019||New England Patriots||Los Angeles Rams|
|2018||Philadelphia Eagles||New England Patriots|
|2017||New England Patriots||Atlanta Falcons|
|2016||Denver Broncos||Carolina Panthers|
|2015||New England Patriots||Seattle Seahawks|
|2014||Seattle Seahawks||Denver Broncos|
|2013||Baltimore Ravens||San Francisco 49ers|
|2012||New York Giants||New England Patriots|
|2011||Green Bay Packers||Pittsburgh Steelers|
|2010||New Orleans Saints||Indianapolis Colts|
|2009||Pittsburgh Steelers||Arizona Cardinals|