The Indian Premier League is probably the most competitive cricket league in the world, combining talents from across the globe to fight to be champion. IPL match betting is just as intense, with punters often not knowing where the result will go. The annual cricket contest is scheduled to start on the 25th of March, 2019. Top sportsbooks online have already begun offering the best betting odds for the IPL cricket matches. If you don’t have a clue on what we are talking about, where have you been?
The IPL is in its 12th edition and consists of 60 cricket matches jampacked with tons of action on the pitch and entertainment off it. This provides a perfect warm-up for the ICC Cricket World Cup. Don’t get us wrong, the IPL is a great competition in its own right, but the world cup comes every four years.
Best Betting Apps for IPL South Africa
Up to $100
Bet €10 Get €10
What is the Indian Premier League?
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is arguably the world’s most popular cricket tournament. It originates in India, and international cricket players from all around the world descend to Asia every year to play in the league. The IPL features eight cricket teams and this year the tournament will be in its 12th competition. You can start contemplating on the winners of the tournament and which players to bet on as the IPL gets underway from March 23 and will run until May 12.
How Does IPL Cricket Work?
The Indian Premier League 2019 will be contested between each of the eight teams, all versing one another twice in the round-robin format. After all the 14 games, the top four cricket teams will qualify for the playoffs. The IPL playoff rounds will consist of two qualifiers, a knockout semi-final and the final match. The cricket finalists will battle it out in the first qualifier in which the winner goes through to the final while the losing team gets another shot to qualify. During the eliminator round, the loser of the qualifiers will face each other in the third and fourth place eliminator match.
Twenty20 IPL Betting Odds 2019
Despite several betting markets being available for the Indian Premier League 2019, the most popular ones that you will find at top South African sportsbooks are the following:
- Match Winner – Just like a moneyline bet, you will bet on the favourite to be the match winner of a particular cricket match.
- IPL Outright Bet – This betting market relates to the outright winner of the Indian Premier League season. You will get to choose between all eight teams with the oddsmakers grounding their betting odds based on their previous performances. You can place the bet before the tournament starts, or even during.
- Cricket IPL Top Batsman / Bowler – This bet can be placed either for a particular cricket match or for the whole IPL competition. Bettors wager on the bowler or batsman that will have the most runs or highest wicket-taker for his team when a match or tournament is finished.
- Toss Winner – Probably the only bet that doesn’t require any skills, only luck. Punters stake on which cricket team to win the coin toss. Seldom referred to as the heads or tails market, this bet does not have the best payout range to be honest.
- Man of the Match – This bet is placed on the cricket player that will have the most impact on the match result, either based on the number of batsmen they will bowl out or the number of runs they will score. Punters will need to be familiar with the cricketers on both the teams to predict the eventual Man of the Match.
IPL Betting Tips 2019
The teams that take part in the IPL Indian Premier League cricket games are all featuring players that have tasted playing at the very highest level of cricket. This means that there are experienced teams and players that take to the pitch. You will not find a match that has an overwhelming favourite. All teams have their strengths and weaknesses. Here are some of the strategies to use the next time you place a bet on cricket online:
- Seeing as the IPL is an annual cricket tournament, you will find numerous stats to support your predictions. Punters should learn the history of their individual team and the players that perform best in that climate.
- There are certain restrictions on players from outside India, therefore bettors can be assured that only the best of the crop are drafted in each individual team. These are the cricket players to bet on individual bets.
- Chennai Super Kings is the defending champions of the IPL competition and have appeared in the most cup finals. They are the team to watch, and if you looking for futures, then you know which team to bet on.
IPL 2019 Winner Predictions
Punters will get to choose from eight formidable teams to bet on for each IPL cricket game.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Cricket Team
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Mumbai Indians IPL
- Delhi Capitals
- Kings XI Punjab
- Chennai Super Kings
- Rajasthan Royals IPL
Previous Indian Premier League Winners
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Rising Pune Supergiant|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Chennai Super Kings|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||Chennai Super Kings|